We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection.
When you shop on this Website, we will ask you to input and will collect Personal Information from you such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information and a password. We may also collect information about where you are on the internet (eg the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our website (“User Information”). We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
You should be aware that this site is being monitored and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service. We confirm that any Personal Information which you provide to us (or which is available on public registers) and any User Information from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with the registration we have with the Data Commissioner’s Office. We use your information only for the following purposes:
- Processing your orders;
- For statistical or survey purposes to improve this Website and its services to you;
- To administer this site;
- If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you.
You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, email or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
You may unsubscribe from our contact list at any time by replying to a promotional email with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line, by emailing us.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed to other businesses within The Pi Shop Limited and to reputable third parties who will help process your order. The Pi Shop Limited requires all such third parties to treat your personal information as fully confidential and to fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place. We will not release your Personal Information to any company outside of the The Pi Shop Limited for mailing or marketing purposes.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information, we are entitled do so.
When entering any of our contests or prize draws, you provide your name, email address and mailing address. If you win, we will send the prize to the address entered and notify you by email. When you enter a contest or prize draw, you are also included in our newsletter list to receive notice of promotions, specials and new additions to the Website. You may unsubscribe from this news list by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email received.
Questions regarding this Policy should be directed to the following email.
What are Cookies?
To order products on www.the-pi-shop.com you need to have cookies enabled – see the section on Managing cookies. If you don’t wish to enable cookies, you’ll still be able to browse the site and use it for research purposes. Most web browsers have cookies enabled, but see Managing cookies for help to turn them on should you need to.
Please note that cookies can’t harm your computer. We don’t store personally identifiable information such as credit card details in cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the site. For example, they help us to identify and resolve errors, or to determine relevant related products to show you when you’re browsing.
We do have relationships with carefully-selected and monitored suppliers who may also set cookies during your visit to be used for remarketing purposes – in other words to show you different products and services based on what you appear to be interested in. If you’d like to opt out, please go to the Network Advertising Initiative website (opens in a new window – please note that we’re not responsible for the content of external websites).
We’re giving you this information as part of our initiative to comply with recent legislation, and to make sure we’re honest and clear about your privacy when using our website. We know you’d expect nothing less from us, and please be assured that we’re working on a number of other privacy and cookie-related improvements to the website.
We encourage you to join in and we ask that whenever posting or contributing you treat other community members with care and respect.
Although we can’t monitor all the comments posted, we reserve the right to remove inappropriate or offensive postings without notice. We also reserve the right to use any content posted for marketing and promotional purposes. Please understand that comments posted to this page do not represent the opinions of The Pi Shop and we do not endorse any opinions expressed in the Message Boards.
In addition, the following House Rules apply to this site.
You must not post, upload, distribute or otherwise make available on, within or otherwise via any of The Pi Shop pages which:
- Is violent, abusive (including using swear words), defamatory, obscene, indecent, hateful, offensive or otherwise inappropriate for family viewing.
- Is fraudulent, deceptive or misleading.
- Features copyright material taken from someone else or features the music, trade mark, brand or name of someone else or otherwise violates anyone’s legal rights including privacy, copyright and/or publicity rights.
- Is criminal, illegal or encourages or advocates criminal or illegal activity or the discussion of criminal or illegal activities with the intent to commit them. Is commercial or advertises or offers to sell or make available any product or service or solicits others to do the same or to make a contribution or donation.
- Is antisocial, insulting, discriminatory, disruptive or causes damage (including harmful software viruses)
- Is controversial or contains off-topic themes or content, or which may be harmful to the reputation of The Pi Shop or its products or services.You must not harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others or do anything which harms or can reasonably be expected to harm any person or company. Specifically, you must not distribute another person’s personal information of any kind without their express permission, this includes uploading or sharing any photograph, video or content which features anyone other than you.We cannot monitor every posting or conversation and we reserve the right to remove inappropriate or offensive postings without notice. Comments posted to this page do not represent the opinions of The Little Pi Shop, The Pi Shop or Invizio Limited and we do not endorse any opinions expressed in the Forums and we specifically disclaim any and all liability which may arise.